How can we improve our products?

Integrate the Program Upgrade from within!

Hello There! At present, though the Glary Utilities is able to identify the requirement to Update/Upgrade to the Latest Version, it is not able to coherently achieve the same from well within. Interested Users are taken to the Website to download the Installer all afresh. Similar to Browser & rest of the Program Upgrades, Glary should also integrate the Downloading of Files & a subsequent installation from well within the existing version. Downloading an afresh Installer appears too Tiresome & Cumbersome!

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FImiesFImies commented  · 

The Software Update feature is an integrated app which takes one to Filepuma to get updates. No duh. It is not the preferred way to update Glary Utilities, the way which is described by slavrenz in the August, 2015 comment. Nobody insists that one use the Software Update app. The complaints are incredulous. Each and any update one gets from the web endangers system security and stability, even if only momentarily, even if done right. So automatic updates from the web are a sysop's nightmare and usually restrained on a secure company network. Glary is doing both update and upgrade processes properly. When I see the Software Update list Waterfox/Firefox, I do not download the installer. I update from within the Mozilla product. Same for Google products. Complaining that a properly-working process is "tiresome & cumbersome" is irrational.

• slavrenzslavrenz commented  · 

So...when I click "check for updates" on the overview page within the software, if there is a new version available, it automatically downloads and installs it. Am I missing something here?

• John LynchJohn Lynch commented  · 

This is actually a MUCH wider problem than this entry makes it seem. The version I am now using is 5.27.0.47 and I just had to MANUALLY download the update to get this. I also was cross-linked to the non-pro version when I clicked the update links etc. This needs to be resolved.

Issues as I currently see them:
        1) Update available icon in windows 8.1 active icons on task bar, yet if I attempt to move my mouse over to it to click it to install the suggested update, the icon completely disappears without ever allowing me to get close to it.
        2) You updates page typically points to the non-pro version where it should be able to determine which version you already have installed and provide the correct link to the correct upgrade program.
        3) The "Software Update" tool, never displays any information about Glary Utilities Pro itself, so when I run it, it never reports that Glary Utilities itself, needs to be updated.
        4) Your "About" page when displayed from your "Menu" (which truly isn't a standard menu, as it must be manually clicked to get it to display, you need to change your windows function utils.dll to include the standard windows dialogs), anyway, the "About" page does not provide a link to directly grab an update as is standard in 99% of windows apps.

• aesthete70aesthete70 commented  · 

I hate to pay for something and get nothing! And Glarysoft seams not to care.

• JordanJordan commented  · 

The paid version supports this to some extent. It downloads it and then runs the installer. If the paid version could just put the updates in without me having to click on buttons I would be happy.

• dsoulisdsoulis commented  · 

Yes I agree, I upgraded to the PRO version and every time I open my PC I get the same flag - newer version available. I upload and it doesn't seem to hold as the next time I open I get the same message. When I check to see the version I have, it is always the older. Glary technical support told me to turn off my security for the download but that makes no sense as the newest version is always there in my downloads. And I tried their suggestion and it failed to work as well. I am using Win8.

Feedback and Knowledge Base