How can we improve our products?

Remove vestige "no-title" icon from "system notification" area

Glary utilities PRO (v4.0.0.53) after start-up or subsequent executions leaves an inactive "no title" icon in the system notification tray. The icon is unresponsive to mouse clicks and hovering activities: it just stays there until a system restart. Disabling the utility star-up prevents the icon from appearing until the utility is invoked subsequently, The icon appears to be left over by the CheckUpdate.exe module. These icons continue to accumulate on the notification area with each invocation of the utility.

FYI: OS windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, version 2002

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Victor Torres shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paul, I've done that. I still get that icon every day or nearly so. The only way I can find to kill it is to kill the CheckUpdate process. I cannot find a way to prevent the CheckUpdate process from starting automatically.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To solve this problem, just launch Glary Utilities, then on the main screen select hte "Overview" tab and de-select the option named "Check for software updates automatically". That's all ! The next time you'll launch GU, it will not activate this functionnality. I hope my answer will be helpful.

• rusty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... I agree.
        What's this for? it's annoying ...
        Why is CheckUpdate running in the background?
        Why can't we halt this from startup? Not found.
        I perfectly happy with the Glary's utiltilies but curiously? this doesn't show up in Startup Manager !?!
        Please, can you tell me how to remove from startup, even via regedit, if this is how we need to do it.

• Dave Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also do not like this unresponsive icon in my tray. I may have to remove Glary Utilities if I cannot find a way to prevent it's loading.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to turn off your message that I need to update my software as I do not wish to pay further for this facility, I have tried looking in help and other places.

Feedback and Knowledge Base