How can we improve our products?

Your New Version of Glary Utilities Pro 5.103.0.125 when I use 1-Click Maintence wipes out the vast majority of my Desktop Icons

Your New Version of Glary Utilities Pro 5.103.0.125 when I use 1-Click Maintence wipes out the vast majority of my Desktop Icons

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charles Bentley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem. I see a option in settings about obsolete programs which i disabled thinking this was the cause but no luck.

• Robert Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really... first time I used this feature.... and it does this... And no response on a fix to restore... It's bad enough you have to keep downloading the software... You need to stop using your users as guinea pigs.... uninstalling...

• Alan Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It deletes the icons and it deletes existing programs. I have had to reinstall Bitdefender two times and Opera two times, after using Glary. I plan to uninstall the program unless I get some kind of reasonable response why its happening and how to make it stop happening.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All sorts of things were deleted that should not have been touched. I've emailed support to ask if there is a way to automatically restore these items.

• Ted Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my Microsoft icons went grey and wouldn't work. The Office program files couldn't be seen (although oddly enough the programs still functioned if you could find an appropriate file to click on to launch them). But I totally freaked out at the time, and had to uninstall and reinstall Office. You guys at Glary need to be a bit more careful!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Latest update removing programs... not what I want... Adobe Lightroom5 and LibraOffice gone... able to go back and restore but that defeats the purpose of having Glary.

• Walt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shortcut fixer removes GOOGLE EARTH Shortcut and Reason Core security,,
        DISABLED test to bypass problem..

• steve shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, desktop wipeout, totally pissed off with glary, how did this bug get through quality control?????

• Ahmir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did the same thing on my desktop, too....even wiped out the Glary Utilities icon. What's going on?

• 藤原昌広 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glare Utilities 5.103.0125 FREE も 同じ症状です、正常なリンク先があるスタートメニューリンクとデスクトップアイコンすべてを抽出し消去してしまいます

Glare Utilities 5.103.0125 FREE is also the same symptom, it extracts and erases all the start menu links and desktop icons with normal link destinations.

• Charles Bentley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your New Version of Glary Utilities Pro 5.103.0.125 when I use 1-Click Maintence wipes out the vast majority of my Desktop Icons, Which it never did prior.

Feedback and Knowledge Base